I went back to my full-time job after being off since the end of November. As usual nothing got done that I had on my list except two surgeries in December. My list included:
1.Go through my clothes and get out my winter clothes. Never mind it is almost Spring now.
2.Deep clean. What’s the point, it will just get dirty again.
3. Start exercising. We all knew that wasn’t going to happen.
I did make a promise to myself that I did follow through with. Get out more and be more social. Here is my accomplishments:
1. I went to my friend’s 2nd annual pie party and combination birthday party. There was pie, lots of pie!
2. I went to a five year old’s birthday party. Cake and ice cream, yum.
3. I went out of town with my daughter for something other than a doctor’s appointment. We went to get my new phone. She had been trying to get me to do for months. We did have a good time. We also went to the Hispanic store and got the best tacos!
4. I went to my friend’s that lives 20 miles away that I hadn’t seen in like three years. She rarely leaves her house except for work and neither do I. It makes it hard to get together.
5. I had several lunch dates with my mom and dad, my friend that I worked with for 20+ years and my childhood friend and our dads.
6. My sister came to visit! We spent time going through old pictures and spending time with our parents.
Another thing that was on my list was remodeling. Our living room is almost done but when J (youngest son) was putting a sink in one of out bathrooms, he discovered black mold. The walls and floor came out and new walls and floors are now in. Can you guess what I did to help? Absolutely nothing! I like to think my contribution to the project was staying out of their way.
I survived my first week back at work with every muscle aching and my carpal tunnel giving me fits. It was good to be back with my co-workers and in a regular routine. I got some new projects in the works, so hopefully I can be more organized and get things done.